You Are Here: Home » Workouts (Page 2)

Want Better Abs? Use This Workout

A number of weeks ago I shared a couple videos using one of my favorite tools, the carpet slider.  If you didn’t see those videos, click here. Another great way to use the sliders, or Valslides, is when working your abs. They’re great for making exercises like Mountain Climbers, and a few of the Plank Extension variations a bit tougher. Last week I used sliders for the abs portion of my workout, specificall ...

Read more

The One Thing You MUST Do Before Starting A Weight Loss Program

When it comes to weight loss there is one thing that rises above all else. It’s not a special food, or combination of any foods. It’s not a fancy exercise, or even workout program. It’s not about abandoning an entire food group, or demonizing something. To better illustrate what it is I have to tell you a story. A couple years ago I was involved in the “Corporate” wellness world.  I would cold call companie ...

Read more

3 Easy Ways To Lose Weight NOW

I don’t know about you but I’m very impatient. I want things done yesterday, including the things that can’t physically happen faster. I want to get to our destination immediately when on family vacations. I want my favorite television shows to start before they’re scheduled. I want the things I order to be at my door step immediately after purchase. I also want any new workout or diet tricks to give me imm ...

Read more

What’s The Easiest Diet Tip I Can Give?

Hey Hey! So I learned a few new things today. First, I learned that 70% of people hate talking on the phone in front of other people.  I don’t know who those 70% are, but I must encounter the remaining 30% every time I go to Target.  Never understood the people who just wander around browsing with a cell phone plastered to their head, while saying “uh huh” every few seconds.  Seriously? Second,  I learned a ...

Read more

Awesomely Effective Way To Work Your Legs & Butt (Videos Inside)

Hey!  Welcome to Workout Wednesday! Have you ever used Carpet Sliders in your workout?  The brand name version is the Valslide, and it’s an awesome workout tool. I use the el cheapo version, which you can buy at most “big box” stores over by the furniture movers. I’ve been using them in my studio for the past couple years and absolutely love them. They can take any basic exercise like a Reverse Lunge, and m ...

Read more

3 Simple Ways To Boost The Effectiveness Of Your Workout Program

Hey! So I recently started taking guitar lessons again, which should have happened long, long ago.  I suppose I’m like many of my clients – I really want to become better, think I can become better on my own, then fail miserably in that line of thinking.  I suck and need help…so I hired a “coach” to get me there. He’s awesome.  I had an instructor after my first guitar was purchased, and he was horrible.  H ...

Read more

How To Conquer Late-Night Snacking – Q&A Session

Hey hey! What’s happenin’ in your world? Mine’s a little wild and wooly right now.  I currently have a Gary Clark Jr. Video playing in Youtube, Andrea and the kids are upstairs rearranging Maren’s room, with Nolan screaming at the top of his lungs and I’m perusing my inbox looking for a couple questions, and their answers, to share with you. I found a couple winners.  One involving diet and the other involv ...

Read more

3 Simple 10-Minute Workouts To Lose Weight FAST

I love getting emails from clients. Last week I received an email from a client I work with in my training studio, and he was a little frazzled.  His life cranked up and he wasn’t able to make it in to the studio for our normal hour-long sessions. Work was crazy busy, he wanted to make it to a few of his kids’ games (which is always awesome), but the fact remained something had to give and that was our trai ...

Read more

© 2015, ELS Wellness, Inc. and Ed Scow

Scroll to top